Aktuelles
  • Herzlich Willkommen im Balkanforum
    Sind Sie neu hier? Dann werden Sie Mitglied in unserer Community.
    Bitte hier registrieren

Maltese men fattest in the EU

BenKafka

Corvus albus
Maltese men fattest in the EU

Posted on November 24th, 2011
Among the 19 Member States for which data are available, the proportion of obese people in the adult population varied in 2008/9 between 8.0% and 23.9% for women and between 7.6% and 24.7% for men. In the USA, the corresponding figure was 26.8% for women and 27.6% for men in 2009.
For both women and men aged 18 years and over, the lowest shares of obesity in 2008/9 were observed in Romania (8.0% for women and 7.6% for men), Italy (9.3% and 11.3%), Bulgaria (11.3% and 11.6%) and France (12.7% and 11.7%).

The highest proportions of obese women were recorded in the United Kingdom (23.9%), Malta (21.1%), Latvia (20.9%) and Estonia (20.5% in 2006/7), and of men in Malta (24.7%), the United Kingdom (22.1%), Hungary (21.4%) and the Czech Republic (18.4%).

There is no systematic difference in obesity between women and men: the proportion of obesity was higher for women in eight Member States, higher for men in ten and equal in one.

This data comes from the European Health Interview Survey (EHIS) published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. The EHIS aims at measuring the health status, life style and health care of citizens across the EU Member States on a harmonised basis.

I am proud of my Maltese heritage, but that`s a record
I could relinquish.

Fortunatly I don`t belong to the 24,7 % :emir:

Zurück
Oben