Aktuelles
  • Herzlich Willkommen im Balkanforum
    Sind Sie neu hier? Dann werden Sie Mitglied in unserer Community.
    Bitte hier registrieren

Hellenic Army - Info & Gallery

NAVAL-SPIKE-NLOS-2.jpg

Greek Naval Vessels To Be Fitted With SPIKE Missiles​

Greece will proceed with the procurement of SPIKE fire-and-forget missiles from Rafael Advanced Defense Systems to equip eight naval vessels of two different types.​

Dimitris Mitsopoulos 08 Feb 2023
The Greek Governmental Council for Foreign Affairs and Defence (KYSEA), under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, decided today to proceed with the procurement of SPIKE missiles from the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, to equip the Hellenic Armed Forces. The acquisition of SPIKE fire-and-forget missiles will equip, among others, eight naval vessels in total, of two different types.
As previously reported by Naval News, the Hellenic Navy (Πολεμικό Ναυτικό) has been planning for a year now to receive this type of missile for its vessels
Specifically, the Hellenic Navy will install on the Machitis-class (HSY56A) patrol vessels a Typhoon MLS-NLOS system at the RHIB deck, with eight (8) SPIKE (Non-Line-of-Sight) Long-Range missiles each, for sea-to-shore fire support or sea-to-sea targeting.

08.02.2023 • 08:23

US Senator Bob Menendez, who chairs the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, has green lighted the sale of Lockheed Martin Corp’s F-35 fighter jets to Greece, he told the Delphi Economic Forum in Washington.

“I am pleased that two days ago I signed off for the F35-s to the Hellenic Republic and I did so not because I am simply a fan of the Greek people; I did so because this is a country that shares our values, that is aligned with us to things that are important in the world; democracy, human rights, rule of law, a country that is not belligerent to its neighbors,” Menendez said.

Quelle ist eine Beantwortung einer parlamentarischen Anfrage zum Ringtausch, darin bestätigt der griechische Verteidigungsminister, dass einerseits 123 Leoparden auf A4 upgegradet, während 205 neue LYNX KF41 beschafft werden sollen. Das soll bei einem Treffen der Stabschefs am 7. Februar 2023 vereinbart worden sein. Griechenland wäre damit – nach Ungarn – die zweite Nation, die den LYNX von Rheinmetall einführt.

Zurück
Oben